top of page

August: Moments in Hunter Hills History

August 1936 - Attorney Edgar Craighead purchases 220 lots on Chappell Road, Ezra Drive, and Holly to develop a large African American subdivision to be known as Ezra Church Heights


August 2nd,1939 - Attorney Edgar Craighead gifts Fulton County School Board with 4 acres in Hunter Hills to build a school


August 29th, 1942 - Hunter Hills Inc. advertises 11 Rockmart Drive as 5 rooms, built-in bath, water, lights, sewer, burglar guards, large lot, fenced, near W. Hunter car line.

Ready to move in.


August 26, 1950 - Atlanta Constitution runs story: High, Dry Section Begs for Water. Dixie Hills and Hunter Hills residents petition city for water


August 21st, 1952 - Rev. William Elder of Hunter Hill Baptist church passes. The story unfortunately does not end here. . . see what Rev. Elder's passing reveals in September’s history month.


August 25th, 1994 - The Atlanta Journal spotlights the First Annual Hunter Hill Community Club Reunion, which boasted 600 guests, and was held at Hunter Hills AME church.



25 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Comments


bottom of page