top of page

November- Moments in Hunter Hills History

November 1st 2001 – T.M. Alexander Sr. passes

November 5th 1937 - Edgar Craighead (the attorney who purchased land lots to develop Hunter Hills and Ezra Church subdvisions) runs for Fulton County Commissioner


November 12th 1937- 105 Chappell Road is advertised by Hunter Hills Inc. as a 6-room house, bath, sewer, hot and cold water, lights, big lot.


November 15th 1942 – GA Supreme Court upholds temporary injunction to prevent Mr. John L. Atkinson from building in Coursey Subdivision.



November 18th, 1954 - Rev. E.R. McLendon, father of Dr. Earl McLendon passes away at McLendon Hospital


November 28, 1944 – F.W. Head/Brewer-Head Co. Realtors advertises 1488 Eason Street as a 5 room bungalow, chicken house and run, deep lot, $3,250.00; $1000 cash balance arranged. Can get immediate possession.


November 1953 - At a price tag of $300, 000.00 the Emma C. Clement Elementary school opened. It is a modern new structure with 16 classrooms replacing the old Hunter Hills school. The school was located on Holly Road and is now Kingdom Hall.


November 2018 - Historic Hunter Hills Neighborhood Association elects its first officers: Char Johnson, Nekesha Whitaker, Alyssa Catalano, and Andrew Crigler

22 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Comments


bottom of page